Overview: With the growing requirement for response team staff at events, GY6 have designed the first Tactical Event Support Officer’s qualification. This qualification enhances response teams and event supervisor’s knowledge and capacity to operate safely and competently in today’s event industry.
Having this qualification will also enable you to put forward competitive tenders which can demonstrate your team’s ability and knowledge.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course delegates will be able to organise and manage response teams at events. Topics covered include:
- First on Scene
- Pit operation and the role of the officer
- Risk reduction through safe searching
- Evidence Handling
- Body Camera and CCTV recording
- Control and Restraint Physical Intervention
- Search planning and the efficient searching of people and locations
- Surveillance as a safety tool
This course is also available under licence to training providers and companies with in-house trainers.
Assessment Methods: Assessment for this course will be in the form of a work book and on-going assessment of work based learning.
Course Duration: 2 days
Entry Requirements: To book your place on this course delegates should meet any of the following conditions:
- Door Supervision Level 2
- Security Guarding Level 2 (with Level 2 Physical Intervention unit).
- Close Protection Level 3 (with Level 2 Physical Intervention unit).
- NVQ in Event Safety at Level 2 with 3 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in the Event Safety and Security Industry.
We also recommend that delegates have already completed a Mechanical Restraints course but this is not compulsory.
Costs: £275 per delegate.