Overview: This is a bespoke course aimed to equip delegates with the skills required to create and execute a plan of action to search for people, vehicles and locations. Whilst focusing on health and safety to ensure the safety of delegates the course is very practical and requires delegate involvement.
Objectives: The course can be adapted to meet your specific requirements but usually covers the following topics:
- Creating a search plan for people, vehicles and locations
- The use of hand held metal detectors
- Dealing with illegal finds
- Offensive and defensive search procedures
- Organising effective training
- Your role as an individual and as part of a search teamLegal implications of searching a person
- Health and safety
- Motivations for searching premises
- How to search people and property
- Obtaining permission to search
- Understanding the significance of employing methodical search techniques
- General, random and specific searches
- Definition of an offensive weapon
- The hazards of conducting a search
- Procedures for documenting evidence seized during searches
- Evidence preservations
- Planning and executing a building and vehicle search
- Basic search planning
- What to do if a suspect device is found
- Conducting an evacuation in the event of a find
- The implications of diversity and cultural differences
- Legislation and litigation
Entry Requirements: None, although a minimum of level 1 or equivalent in English language and numeracy is recommended.
Costs: To be discussed. Please contact us to discuss your needs and how we can meet them.
Delegate numbers: 10-12 per group
Course Duration: 1-3 days (subject to your requirements)
For course dates and venues please click here.
If you require any more information please contact us.