Overview: This is a modular based course, ideal for those who wish to develop their skills in handcuff use.
Objectives: The course is modular based and is a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills. It covers the following aspects of handcuff use:
- Reasons for physical intervention and the application of a mechanical restraint
- Physical intervention training.
- Legislation applicable to the use of handcuffs and restraint
- Techniques for restraining, holding still and containing a person in an ethical but compliant manner.
- Handcuff techniques for non-complaint and violent individuals
- Potential risks
- Medical implications
- The impact of using handcuffs on individuals who are mentally ill, vulnerable or violent.
Certification: On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Handcuff User Level 2 Award, accredited by Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC).
Assessment Methods: Throughout the day our instructors will assess the delegates to ensure that they are fully competent in the use of handcuff techniques and have the theoretical knowledge, including the legal implications, to support this.
Course Duration: 1 day
Entry Requirements: In order to book a place on this course you must hold a current SIA licence in
- Security Guarding
- Door Supervision
- Close Protection, or
- Are employed in an occupation which requires the use of a mechanical restraint, e. g. as a custody office, or
- Have Control and Restraint User certificate, Level 2
Costs: £175 per delegate
For course dates and venues please click here.
If you require any more information please contact us.