Overview: This course is particularly aimed at those who wish to develop their skills and become handcuff instructors but also covers the handcuff user course. It can be done as a stand-alone unit or in conjunction with our Control and Restraint course.
Objectives: Delegates will be taught how to use handcuffing techniques in a controlled environment and the best way to impart their knowledge and skills to other delegates. The course covers:
- Physical handcuffing techniques
- Alternative methods for restraining, holding and containing an individual ethically but safely
- The risks associated with handcuffing
- Medical implications
- The impact of using handcuffs on people with mental illness, those that are vulnerable or violent.
Assessment Methods: This is done by continual assessment. Delegates must demonstrate practical skills which are supported by knowledge of the legal and ethical framework.
Course Duration: 2 days
Entry Requirements: In order to apply for a place on this course you should already have the following qualifications, and have been teaching physical intervention for a minimum of two years:
- Physical Intervention Level 3
- Conflict Management Level 3
- Education and Training Level 3
Costs: £215 per delegate
For course dates and venues please click here.
If you require any more information please contact us.